Important Updates to MSS – June 2014
To improve the user experience for managers and/or their direct reports, the following Manager Self Service (MSS) system changes and enhancements have been made:
- HR has enabled the Org Chart Viewer in the system for managers to graphically see an organizational chart of their “reports to” structure. This should make it easier to keep the reporting structures clean and ensure proper routing of transactions or large processes such as merit administration.
- A hyperlink has been added to email notifications that will take the end-user to the login screen and then to the form requiring approval, saving managers' time and removing the need to navigate to the transaction.
- Another layer of managers are now able to use MSS to process and route transactions. This layer typically includes administrative managers, supervisors, business coordinators, etc.
- Managers have the ability to change the “reports to” data as part of the Job Code Reclass, Reorg, or Percent Time changes on the “MSS Change an Existing Position” request form, eliminating the need to submit two requests for the same effective date.
- Routing on the “MSS Change an Existing Position” request form for Job Code changes and Percent Time changes has an added final approval stop with HRBBC.
- The system will automatically inhibit duplication of Replacement EAFs if the selected position has an existing active job opening.
- Standard hours are now required entries on EAF submissions.
- Health Care Worker indicator on the EAF form and the Change Reports To/Health form is now available for use.