UTMB offers its employees and volunteers free flu shots each year to help prevent the spread of seasonal influenza.
The university's 2021–2022 Flu Free vaccination program is provided in partnership with UT SELECT, a PPO plan administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, and the quadrivalent influenza vaccine is available at the locations identified below
and at all UTMB clinics and inpatient units.
As a condition of continued employment
, all health care workers must get an annual flu shot or formally decline the vaccination by signing this
This institutional requirement applies to anyone who provides direct patient care, enters patient rooms and/or comes within six feet of patients in the course of their duties. All other members of the UTMB community are strongly encouraged to get
vaccinated, unless prohibited for medical reasons.
The CDC has updated its recommendations to expand the use of a single booster dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine to health care workers. The booster dose should be administered at least six months after completion of the primary
UTMB health care workers can make an appointment via myChart or
online to receive a COVID vaccine or booster in over 20 campus and regional locations as well as at our Employee Health clinics.
The COVID vaccine and booster are also available at the locations identified below as a part of UTMB’s Flu Free vaccination program. Appointments are not needed for flu vaccination; however, your COVID vaccination must be documented in myChart/EPIC
in order for you to receive proof of vaccination. Scheduling your vaccine or booster in advance allows for faster registration.
|Angleton Danbury Campus Hospital|
Professional Office Building 2, Conference Room
|Monday through Friday beginning Oct. 4||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Clear Lake Campus Hospital|
Emergency Department, Conference Room
|Oct. 19, 20 and 21||7:30 a.m. – Noon|
|Jennie Sealy Hospital|
4th Floor, Corridor Connecting Hospital and CSW
|Oct. 5, 6 and 7|
Oct. 12, 13 and 14
Oct. 26, 27 and 28
|7:30 a.m. – Noon|
|League City Campus Hospital|
2nd Floor, Room 2.514 (Located outside of Employee Health Clinic)
|Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday beginning Oct. 5||7:30 a.m. – Noon|
|Employee Health Clinic|
Primary Care Pavilion, Suite 125
|Monday through Friday beginning Sept. 27||7:30 a.m. – Noon |
1 – 4 p.m.
- A valid UTMB employee badge must be presented at the time of vaccination.
- Employees receiving a COVID booster dose should bring their COVID vaccination cards to be updated.
- The high-dose quadrivalent influenza vaccine is available at the Employee Health Clinic on the Galveston Campus for those 65 years of age and older.
- COVID vaccines and boosters are also available by appointment through the Galveston County Health District.
- COVID vaccines and boosters may also be available through local pharmacies and other clinical providers.
- Health care workers who get a flu shot at a non-UTMB facility must provide Employee Health with acceptable proof of vaccination.
- Health care workers who get a flu shot will receive a 2021–2022 Flu Free card that must be worn with their UTMB employee badge throughout the flu season.
Flu Free consent forms and declination statement:
For More Information
For questions or more information about the 2021–2022 Flu Free vaccination program, please contact Employee Health at email@example.com or (409) 747-9172. You
may also refer to these frequently asked questions.