Employment and Income Verification
The Work Number
The Work Number is an automated service contracted by UT Systems that provides instant employment and income verification free of charge to UTMB and its employees.
This fast, secure service may be used when applying for a mortgage or loan, for reference checking, leasing an apartment or any other instance in which proof of employment or income is needed.
Employees benefit from having control of the process and having the ability to authorize others access to information. The Work Number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Notice – System Outages
Maintenance on The Work Number frequently occurs between 8 p.m. and midnight. If you experience any problems during this time frame, please try again the following day.
For Providing Proof of Employment
Provide the individual (verifier) requiring proof of employment with:
For Providing Proof of Employment and Income
Start by following these steps to create a Salary Key, which is a six-digit number that allows one-time access to your salary information.
Step 1 – Access The Work Number website at www.theworknumber.com
Step 2 – Select "Enter Employee Section" and start the login process:
- Provide the UTMB Employer Code (13947) and click on the "Go" button
- Select "I want to provide proof of employment and income"
- Enter your six-digit employee ID and PIN
- For those of you who have a four or five digit employee number, add preceeding zeros
- Your default PIN is the last four digits of your Social Security number
Step 3 – Select "Create a Salary Key" under the Verifications heading and write down the Salary Key
Step 4 – Provide the individual (verifier) requiring proof of employment and income with:
- Your Social Security number
- UTMB Employer Code: 13947
- Six-digit Salary Key from Step 3
- The Work Number web address: www.theworknumber.com
For assistance, contact The Work Number Client Service Center Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. (CST) at 1-800-996-7566 or 1-800-424-0253 (TTY – Hearing Impaired).