Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
$3,000 Nursing Referral Bonus Blitz – May 1, 2017, to Aug. 1, 2017
All paid UTMB employees are eligible for a $3,000 bonus by referring a BSN or MSN prepared Nurse Clinician (II–V) for the Health System or Correctional Managed Care.
For a referring employee to be considered for the bonus, the applicant must:
- Select "Employee" as the "Referral Type" on the application
- Enter the referring employee’s name and ID on all applications
- Have a BSN or MSN degree and at least 12 months of clinical inpatient experience
- Have not worked for UTMB in the previous 12 months (transfers not eligible)
- Be hired into a benefits-eligible position between May 1, 2017, and Aug. 1, 2017
If the applicant meets all requirements and is hired, the referring employee will receive $1,500 when the applicant completes six months of service and another $1,500 when the applicant completes one year of service.
Both the applicant and referring employee must be actively employed at the time of each scheduled payout. See below for more referral bonus guidelines and eligibility criteria.
The ERBP was developed to award the recruitment efforts of all paid employees. Any paid employee who successfully refers an applicant to a
benefits-eligible, hard-to-fill (HTF) Clinical Enterprise position (e.g., UTMB hospitals and clinics, including RMCHP and Victory Lakes, TDCJ Hospital, Angleton Danbury Campus and Correctional Managed Care) will receive the below payout:
- $1,500 over two years ($250 after three months, $250 after six months, $500 after one year and final $500 after two years)
See below for the referral bonus guidelines and eligibility criteria. All payouts are subject to taxation, and the applicant and referring employee must both be employed at UTMB at the
time of each payout.
This is not an institution-wide incentive program. Applicants hired in Academic Enterprise and Institutional Support positions are not eligible hires for this program.
One-time payouts for non-HTF positions have been discontinued effective 6/1/2014.
Referral Bonus Guidelines and Eligibility
Please see below for the ERBP's referral bonus guidelines and eligibility criteria:
- The recipient, “referring employee,” must be an employee prior to the appointment of the applicant.
- The recipient must be an active paid employee through the duration of the award payout.
- If the recipient is on leave of absence (LOA), he or she will receive the referral when he or she returns to work.
- If the hired, “referred” employee goes on LOA, the time period of eligibility is on hold until he or she returns from leave.
- Eligible applicants cannot have been employed by UTMB in the last 12 months.
- Eligible applicants must remain in an eligible position after hire for the duration of the payout. If the applicant transfers to an area or position that is not a part of the program
or separates from the institution, the payout to the referring employee is null and void.
- There is no limit to the number of referrals an employee can make.
Click here for program details.
Referral Bonus Payouts
To check the status of a referral payout, contact:
Please be advised:
- The hired employee can verify/inquire via email about the referral name listed on his or her application but is not allowed to make changes. The hired employee is not, however, able to
verify if payment has been paid out to the referral listed.
- The recipient of the referral can inquire via email if he or she has not received a payout in the specified time period, keeping in mind that it can take up to three pay periods after completion
of the timeframe for payout disbursement.
Frequently Accessed Links
External Applicant Instructions
Internal Applicant Instructions