UT System Learning Zone
The UT System Learning Zone is a professional development tool that offers unlimited access to an online library of books, training courses, videos and other learning assets. The tool is powered
by Skillsoft®, a global provider of cloud-based learning solutions, and is available to all faculty and staff members at no cost by the University of Texas System.
24/7 Online Access
The Learning Zone is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any web-enabled device – computers, tablets and smartphones. Follow these steps to log in:
- Go to https://utsystem.skillport.com
- Select the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston as your home institution
- Enter your UTMB user name and password
- Click the Login button to explore the e-learning available to you
Click here for more details on how to start using this development tool.
Content to Meet Your Development Needs
The learning platform is self-paced and covers a wide variety of subject matter to meet the diverse training needs of our employees:
Commitment to Lifelong Learning
- Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Information technology and security
- Budget and financial management
- Acquisition management
- Project management skills
- HR development
- Leadership skills and more
The Learning Zone strives to cultivate a continuous learning environment that supports the professional growth of all faculty and staff members. It empowers employees to take responsibility
for their own career development and to improve the knowledge, skills and behaviors needed to effectively contribute to the university's mission.