Leone Award for Administrative Excellence
Congratulations to the Winner of the 2019 Leone Award
Facility Nurse Manager, Lindsey Unit, Correctional Managed Care
Eleut Vincent Ong
The Nicholas and Katherine Leone Award for Administrative Excellence is presented annually to a manager or supervisor who has achieved administrative
excellence and abides by the values and standards outlined in the UTMB Professionalism Charter and our core values.
The award was founded in 1971 through an endowment from Dr. Nicholas Leone, a former commanding officer and director of the Public Health Service Hospital in Galveston, and his wife Katherine.
The Leone Award recognizes managers/supervisors who display the highest degree of professionalism and adhere to UTMB's standards of conduct. To be considered for the award, managers/supervisors must meet the following criteria:
- Benefits-eligible manager/supervisor
- Have a full-time Classified appointment (paid biweekly)
- Have at least 12 months of continuous service as a manager/supervisor in any UTMB department as of Feb. 28, 2019
- Have at least one direct report identified within the PeopleSoft HCM system
- No performance improvement plan or corrective action initiated within the last 12 months
- Completed all mandatory requirements in FY18 (e.g., compliance training, testing, licensing, etc.)
Any UTMB employee may nominate a manager/supervisor for the award. The deadline to submit a nomination is Feb. 28, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. CST.
2019 Nomination Process and Timeline
2019 Leone Award FAQs
The Leone Award recipient is selected by the UTMB Employee Advisory Council from the pool of qualified managers/supervisors. Only one winner will be chosen and formally recognized at the university's annual Employee Service Day ceremony on May 22, 2019.
The award recipient and his or her department/unit receive a $7,500 monetary gift from the Leone endowment – $2,500, for the winning manager/supervisor and $5,000 for the department/unit.
2019 Award Disbursement Guidelines