Interested employees should follow these steps to begin the PSLF application process:
1. Complete, sign and date page 1 only of the PSLF Form.
2. Scan a clear/clean copy of the form to HR Employee Records at email@example.com.
3. If you are a current employee, include a copy of your UTMB badge with the form.
Former employees must include a legally valid ID with a picture and name. (Note: Due to electronic signatures, employee signatures cannot be verified against their personnel file. Valid IDs are required to ensure this activity is being requested by/and completed on behalf of the employee. Other ID verifiers may be required if
a valid ID is not available.)
4. HR Employee Records will complete page 2 of the form and fax it directly to the Department of Education.
5. A copy of the form, including confirmation of receipt by the Department of Education, will be maintained your personnel file and may be provided upon request after the process is complete.
Once the PSLF servicer has received all of the documentation needed to determine whether you qualify for loan forgiveness, you will be notified. Processing times will vary depending on factors such as whether you previously submitted documentation of
employment for review or submitted documentation only at the time you applied for loan forgiveness, the number of your employers, any gaps in your employment or payment history, and any required follow-up.