2018–2019 Annual Benefits Enrollment
The annual enrollment period for the 2018–2019 benefits plan year begins Sunday, July 15, and ends Tuesday, July 31. During this time, you may make changes to your benefits elections, add or remove dependents and/or enroll in a flexible spending account.
Key Dates to Remember
It is important to keep these dates in mind when entering the annual enrollment period.
Sunday, July 15 – Coverage option emails sent and annual enrollment begins.
- Log in to My UT Benefits using the personal identification number provided to you by UT System Office of Employee Benefits
- Review current elections, eligibility requirements and beneficiary information
Tuesday, July 31 – Deadline for making elections.
- Add or drop benefits coverage
- Add or remove dependents
- Enroll in UT FLEX program
- Declare tobacco user or non-user status
Wednesday, Aug. 15 – Follow-up tasks completed.
- Review confirmation statement
- Upload dependent documents if required
- Submit evidence of insurability if required
Saturday, Sept. 1 – Annual enrollment elections are effective.
- Be on the lookout for new ID cards from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Friday, Sept. 14 – Premiums deducted.
- Review paycheck to ensure premiums are being accurately deducted
New for 2018–2019
- Annual maximum for UT FLEX Health Care Reimbursement Account has increased to $2,650
- For security purposes, you may no longer use your Social Security number to access My UT Benefits. Click here to view alternative login options.
- If you experience difficulty accessing My UT Benefits, try downloading one of these browsers: Firefox 17, Internet Explorer 11, Safari 5 or 6, or Google Chrome 24.
- Your current coverage – except UT FLEX elections – will continue for the new plan year if no action is taken during the annual enrollment period.
- You must enroll in the UT FLEX program each year. Elections from 2017–2018 will not roll forward.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas will issue new ID cards for the 2018–2019 plan year. Keep ID cards for all other plans you did not change. New ID cards will be received by Saturday, Sept. 1.
UT System – Office of Employee Benefits
My UT Benefits – Enroll, Update or View Your Coverage
2018–2019 Annual Enrollment and Resource Guide for Active Employees
2018–2019 Annual Enrollment and Resource Guide for Retired Employees
Benefits Cost Worksheet
UT FLEX Contribution Calculator
Evidence of Insurability Form