2020–2021 Benefits Enrollment
The annual enrollment period for the 2020–2021 benefits plan year begins Wednesday, July 15, and ends Friday, July 31. During this time, you may make changes to your benefits elections, add or remove dependents and/or enroll in a flexible spending account.
Key Enrollment Dates
It is important to keep these dates in mind when entering the annual enrollment period.
Wednesday, July 15 – Annual enrollment begins.
Please note that My UT Benefits may be accessed from any web-enabled device using the Safari web browser. The recommended web
browsers for accessing My UT Benefits when using a personal computer are Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 11.
Friday, July 31 – Deadline for making elections.
- Add or drop benefits coverage
- Add or remove dependents
- Enroll in UT FLEX program
- Declare tobacco user or non-user status
Friday, July 31 – Deadline for completing follow-up tasks.
Please be advised that processing may be delayed if EOE, EOI and EOW documents are submitted between Friday, July 31, and Saturday, Aug. 15.
Tuesday, Sept. 1 – Annual enrollment elections effective.
- Keep ID cards for plans that did not change
Friday, Sept. 11 – Premiums deducted.
- Review paycheck to ensure premiums are being accurately deducted
- Your current coverage – except UT FLEX elections – will continue for the new plan year if no action is taken during the annual enrollment period.
- You must enroll in the UT FLEX program each year. Elections from 2019–2020 will not roll forward.
New for 2020–2021
- Annual maximum for UT FLEX Health Care Reimbursement Account will increase to $2,750.
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy visits will increase to 30 visits per condition per year. Speech therapy remains 60 visits per year. Private duty nursing benefits will increase to 90 visits per year.
- The Ovia Health App provides maternity and family support throughout the entire parenthood journey, and it will be available at no cost all UT SELECT medical plan members starting Sept. 1.
- UT SELECT medical plan members will also have access to the Seasons of Life outreach program to assist with the passing of a loved one.
UT System – Office of Employee Benefits
My UT Benefits – Enroll, Update or View Your Coverage
2020–2021 Annual Enrollment Highlights for Employees
2020–2021 Annual Enrollment and Resource Guide for Employees
Benefits Cost Worksheet for Employees
2020–2021 Annual Enrollment Highlights for Retired Employees
2020–2021 Annual Enrollment and Resource Guide for Retired Employees
Benefits Cost Worksheet for Retired Employees
UT FLEX Contribution Calculator
Evidence of Insurability Application
Evidence of Insurability Supplement