2019–2020 Benefits Enrollment
The annual enrollment period for the 2019–2020 benefits plan year begins Monday, July 15, and ends Wednesday, July 31. During this time, you may make changes to your benefits elections, add or remove dependents and/or enroll in a flexible spending account.
Key Enrollment Dates
It is important to keep these dates in mind when entering the annual enrollment period.
Monday, July 15 – Annual enrollment begins.
- Log in to My UT Benefits using the personal identification number emailed to you by the UT System Office of Employee Benefits
- Review current elections, eligibility requirements and beneficiary information
Wednesday, July 31 – Deadline for making elections.
- Add or drop benefits coverage
- Add or remove dependents
- Enroll in UT FLEX program
- Declare tobacco user or non-user status
Thursday, Aug. 15 – Follow-up tasks completed.
- Review confirmation statement
- Upload dependent documents if required
- Submit evidence of insurability if required
Sunday, Sept. 1 – Annual enrollment elections effective.
- Be on the lookout for new ID cards from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Friday, Sept. 13 – Premiums deducted.
- Review paycheck to ensure premiums are being accurately deducted
New for 2019–2020
- The monthly premiums for the UT SELECT Medical plans will increase by 5%.
– Employee/Spouse coverage will increase $12.88 for a monthly total of $270.41.
– Employee/Child(ren) coverage will increase $13.47 for a monthly total of $282.81.
– Employee/Family coverage will increase $25.36 for a monthly total of $532.51.
- The monthly premiums for the UT SELECT Dental Plus plans will increase by 5%.
– Employee only coverage will increase $2.36 for a monthly total of $61.39.
– Employee/Spouse coverage will increase $4.48 for a monthly total of $116.59.
– Employee/Child(ren) coverage will increase $4.95 for a monthly total of $128.65.
– Employee/Family coverage will increase $7.05 for a monthly total of $183.29.
- Annual maximum for UT FLEX Health Care Reimbursement Account will increase to $2,700.
- Starting Sept. 1, you will have around the clock access to virtual doctor visits with a $0 copay through MDLIVE via your phone, mobile app or online video.
- A 90-day supply of maintenance medications will now be covered through Express Scripts home delivery, Walgreens and University of Texas pharmacies at the same cost or less than three 30-day supplies at a non-preferred retail pharmacy.
- For security purposes, you may no longer use your Social Security number to access My UT Benefits. Click here to view alternative login options.
- If you experience difficulty accessing My UT Benefits, try downloading one of these browsers: Firefox 17, Internet Explorer 11, Safari 5 or 6, or Google Chrome 24.
- Your current coverage – except UT FLEX elections – will continue for the new plan year if no action is taken during the annual enrollment period.
- You must enroll in the UT FLEX program each year. Elections from 2018–2019 will not roll forward.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas will issue new ID cards for the 2019–2020 plan year. Keep ID cards for all other plans you did not change. New ID cards will be received by Sunday, Sept. 1.
UT System – Office of Employee Benefits
My UT Benefits – Enroll, Update or View Your Coverage
2019–2020 Annual Enrollment and Resource Guide for Employees
2019–2020 Annual Enrollment and Resource Guide for Retired Employees
Benefits Cost Worksheet
UT FLEX Contribution Calculator
Evidence of Insurability Form