2017–2018 Annual Benefits Enrollment
If you have not received your UT Benefits Enrollment Options email with your personal identification number (PIN), please check your Junk E-Mail or Deleted Items folder in Outlook for a message from
You may also click here to have your PIN resent to you. Your PIN is needed to access the My UT Benefits online system.
The annual enrollment period for the 2017–2018 benefits plan year begins Saturday, July 15, and ends Monday, July 31. During this time, you may make changes to your benefits elections, add or remove dependents and/or enroll in a flexible spending account.
It is important to keep these dates in mind when entering the annual enrollment period.
Saturday, July 15 – Coverage option emails sent and annual enrollment begins.
- Log in to My UT Benefits using personal identification number provided by Office of Employee Benefits
- Review current elections, eligibility requirements and beneficiary information
Monday, July 31 – Deadline for making elections.
- Add or drop benefits coverage
- Add or remove dependents
- Enroll in UT FLEX program
- Declare tobacco user or non-user status
Tuesday, Aug. 15 – Follow-up tasks completed.
- Review confirmation statement
- Upload dependent documents if required
- Submit evidence of insurability if required
Friday, Sept. 1 – Annual enrollment elections are effective.
- Be on the lookout for new ID cards from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Sunday, Oct. 1 – Premiums deducted.
- Review paycheck to ensure premiums are being accurately deducted
Please note there will be no rate increases or plan design changes for 2017–2018.
New for 2017–2018
- UT Health Network – Enhanced benefits when receiving services from certain UT System physicians and medical facilities
- Dependent Eligibility – Dependent children may now remain enrolled in dental, vision and voluntary life and AD&D coverage until age 26
- UT FLEX – Federal annual maximum for Health Care Reimbursement Acount increased to $2,600
- For security purposes, you may no longer use your Social Security number to access My UT Benefits. Click here to view alternative login options.
- If you experience difficulty accessing My UT Benefits, try downloading one of these browsers: Firefox 17, Internet Explorer 11, Safari 5 or 6, or Google Chrome 24.
- Your current coverage – except UT FLEX elections – will continue for the new plan year if no action is taken during annual enrollment.
- You must enroll in the UT FLEX program each year. Elections from 2016–2017 will not roll forward.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas will issue new ID cards for the 2017–2018 plan year. Keep ID cards for all other plans you did not change. New ID cards will be received by Friday, Sept. 1.
UT System – Office of Employee Benefits
My UT Benefits – Enroll, Update or View Your Coverage
Annual Enrollment & Resource Guide – Active Employees
Annual Enrollment & Resource Guide – Retired Employees
Benefits Cost Worksheet – Active Employees
Benefits Cost Worksheet – Retired Employees
UT FLEX Contribution Calculator
Evidence of Insurability Form