Tuition Reimbursement Program
Important Notice for FY17
An institutional decision has been made to restrict eligibility for the FY17 Tuition Reimbursement Program to 1.) RNs pursing a degree
that directly relates to their current job/career path and 2.) employees seeking to obtain a hard-to-fill position.
- The program will accept a limited number of participants for FY17.
- Acceptance into the program will be granted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Employees who meet the eligibility requirements outlined below may be reimbursed up to $1,350
per fiscal year. Reimbursements will be tax-free.
The Tuition Reimbursement Program promotes the professional growth and development of employees by providing tax-free educational assistance
for graduate and undergraduate course credits from a regionally accredited college or university.
Employees must meet the following criteria to be eligible for tuition reimbursement:
- Work 30 hours or more per week
- Have completed six months of employment at UTMB
- Be in good standing when the semester begins – no performance improvement plan or corrective action initiated within the last 12 months
- Be pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree that directly relates to your existing job/career path or an individual job-related course
- Sign an agreement asserting that you will remain at UTMB for a period of time following the completion of each semester or repay the funds received
Interested employees must submit a Tuition Reimbursement Application and Agreement and a copy of your degree plan to Benefits Services
at least 30 days before the start of the semester. You will be notified by email of the approval or denial of your application.
Tuition Reimbursement Application and Agreement
Tuition Reimbursement Sample Degree Plan
Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,350 per fiscal year for course credits and related fees from a regionally accredited college or university.
To be reimbursed, employees must submit proof of grades and receipt of fees paid to Benefits Services within 30 days of the end of the semester.
Tuition Reimbursement Plan Document
IHOP Policy 3.5.1 Tuition Reimbursement
UTMB reserves the right to restrict eligibility for specific plan years or to change or terminate the program without prior notice.
Completing an application is not a guarantee of acceptance into the program.
Participation in the program does not constitute a right to employment.