Tuition Reimbursement Program
UTMB has made enhancements to its Tuition Reimbursement Program and increased the available funding for FY20 to reflect the university’s commitment to and investment in our employees.
The program promotes the professional growth and development of employees by providing tax-free educational assistance for graduate and undergraduate course credits related to an approved degree plan from a nationally accredited college or university.
Employees must meet the following criteria to be eligible for tuition reimbursement:
- Be pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree that impacts your ability to advance within UTMB
- Work 30 hours or more per week
- Have completed six months of employment at UTMB
- Be in good standing prior to the beginning of the semester – no performance improvement plan or corrective action initiated within the last 12 months
- Sign an agreement asserting you will remain in the employment of UTMB for a period of time after the completion of each semester that is proportionate to the period of time you received financial assistance
Interested employees must submit a Tuition Reimbursement Application and Agreement and a copy of your degree plan to HR Benefits Services at least 30 days before the start of the course. You will be notified by email of the approval or denial of your application.
Tuition Reimbursement Application and Agreement
Tuition Reimbursement Sample Degree Plan
Please be advised that the number of participants accepted into the program each fiscal year is contingent upon the availability of funds.
Employees may be reimbursed up to $5,000 per fiscal year for course credits and related fees from a nationally accredited college or university. To be reimbursed, employees must submit proof of grades and receipt of fees paid to HR Benefits Services within 30 days of the end of the course. Please be advised that receipts submitted for reimbursement must match the courses approved in the Tuition Reimbursement Application and Agreement.
Tuition Reimbursement Plan Document
- Completing an application is not a guarantee of acceptance into the program.
- Participation in the program does not constitute a right to employment or advancement.
- UTMB reserves the right to restrict eligibility for specific plan years or to change or terminate the program without prior notice.