Human Resources working remotely as a precaution against the coronavirus
Human Resources is transitioning to remote operations to help mitigate the spread of the coronavirus. The department remains
committed to the university’s needs and will continue performing our core business functions by email, phone and virtual meetings.
- The Human Resources office located at 2200 Market St. is closed to the public until further notice.
- Our email addresses and phone numbers will remain active, so you may reach out to staff directly for assistance or use the contact information available here.
- The Employee Health Clinic will maintain its normal operations and services. The clinic has expanded its work hours from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily to expedite health screenings and return to work clearances related to the coronavirus and may be contacted at email@example.com or (409) 747-9172. If you are ill, please call the UTMB Access Center (800) 917-8906 or your health care provider to review your symptoms and do not come to the Employee Health Clinic.
- Free and confidential counseling services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for you and your dependents through the University of Texas Employee Assistance Program at (844) 872-5986 or https://www.uth.edu/uteap/contact.htm Please note that the EAP cannot answer medical questions related to symptoms or COVID-19.
Engaging in social distancing will allow us to protect the most vulnerable while continuing to support UTMB’s workforce and operational activities. Thank you for understanding and flexibility during this public health emergency.
Welcome to Human Resources
Under the direction of Vivian D. Kardow, MBA, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, Human Resources is committed to meeting UTMB's strategic human resource needs while delivering the best possible client experiences and outcomes.
The department strives to produce:
- Engaged, valued and committed employees to meet our current and future workforce needs
- Education, training and development programs to increase competencies
- Consistent and standard services, policies and processes that are transparent, technology-enabled, easy to administer and intuitive to our customers
- A safe, healthy, diverse and balanced work environment
- Strategic business partnerships to meet the demands of a dynamic work environment
- Proactive services and effective and prompt resolution to customer service concerns